It is a beautiful place, serene and peaceful. Warm and inviting yet strangely invigorating, shades of pink fill the land and happiness is like oxygen - easy to breathe in and necessary for life. Welcome to the Bubbleland of the Pink Princess.

10.04.2007

Sleepless in Milwaukee

It was an early morning today, due to a late night prior to sleeping. It proceeded to be a day full of millions of rather pointless happenings, none really worth relaying to you here. The highlights were some emails and conversations that happened and I finally bought myself a pair of Wellies!! Dinner was made for me - which was a real treat - and the evening was spent in study of a most beautiful topic: marriage.
But now - the clock ticks later and later and I find myself sleepless. It is amazing that even when you are so tired, sleep can completely evade you. I did not know what else to do as reading was only energizing me, and so I write this blog.
Sitting here, I think of so many late nights at the computer... writing college papers or essays... there were the occasional nights in the midst of thunderstorms when I would sit and write poems. Rain is a most wonderful inspiration for writing. There was time spent in planning the many events - typing minutes, budget plans, researching and scheduling... but tonight, none of that. Just a very quiet night in a very quiet neighborhood, only the hum of the computer and my fan, the light from my desk lamp and screen... and me sitting here typing my random (and I am certain rather incoherent) thoughts.
Before I go, I shall share with you some quotes from my studies this evening: "Love is its own reason... Love gives to receive... Love is soul contact with another for the sake of perfection." - Archbishop Fulton J Sheen. In his book "Three to Get Married" he very simply defines the crucial issues with society today. He strips away the excuses and presents a clear and concise treatise on how love ought to be. His method of discourse being formed by a very solid logical form is difficult to argue against and as he rightly says "Too many assume that the reason that people do not come to God is because they are ignorant; it is more generally true that the reason people do not come to God is because of their behavior."
I better stop here or this shall turn into a much longer venture than I ever anticipated. Wishing you all a very pleasant night,
Sleepless in Milwaukee


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home