Starbucks, Sarah and Settings
It is Friday and all morning, many thoughts have filled my mind. Some left over from yesterday and others joining the webbed mess today.
Don't you think Starbucks should deliver? I personally had this revelation yesterday while working at my desk with the knowledge that this java-haven is but a couple of blocks away. Too far to just stop working to walk over and buy some of that precious beverage I crave. Due to the other inconvenient fact that Marquette is situated downtown Milwaukee, it would actually take longer to drive, so that was out as well. So there I was sitting at my desk, the clock had struck 2 pm on a chilly yet beautifully sunny day and no coffee. This is when the revelation occured to me. Think of it: Starbucks announces delivery - now you can order and they bring your favorite brew to you! Just think of the person who gets to deliver the coffee: at that moment, they might as well be a leprechaun at the end of the rainbow with a pot of gold. If you suffer from coffee-cravings, you know that joy of which I speak when you receive into your hands that warm cup filled to the brim with the liquidy goodness of pure deliciousness. Or think of being able to send a cup of your friend's favorite brew to them for their birthday! :) Yes, I think Starbucks should offer this service to their addicted patrons, for I feel it much better than drive thrus or kiosks. Coffee when you truly need it - mid-afternoon, at your desk.
A Serendipty Scene occured on my way to work today. While I was driving to work on a gorgeous morning, I had my radio on, which I normally never do. However, my cd magazine is sitting in my apartment waiting for a new assortment to be loaded up. Therefore, I am stuck with the morning shows full of pointless people talking about things that really have no depth and are obsolote the moment they finish the sentence. Anyway, that is another whole converstation entirely. The point of all of this is a song came on: Sarah. The song that the byclist is singing while Jonathon is riding in his cab. It is this moment that he goes to speak with Dean and is convinced the Universe is revealing Sarah to him. Yes, I have seen this movie one to many times. However, I thought it rather funny only because I have never heard that song before in my whole life other than in the movie... and today it seemed a perfect act of serendipiosity. :)
Settings: I finally linked my blog to facebook. I had been toying with the idea for quite some time, and today I did it. We shall see how this goes. Maybe it will help me write more, instead of promising my virtual readers that I will be better and then weeks or months go by without a single posted word.
Well, I need to get to work, so I shall sign off and I wish you a day full of special moments.
~ the pink princess

2 Comments:
Hahaha! Thats awesome Tor!
On the east coast however, I don't think that "Starbucks Delivers" would be such a big whoop...I seem to remember a Starbucks on every street corner...if not catty-corner!
7:01 PM
I tagged you! See my blog post for details...
9:47 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home