Movin'
Well it is another Monday morning and I am beat. The thought of having to work all day today is not a pleasant thought. It was a grueling weekend. This was the weekend of the BIG MOVE. It was the move of all my stuff – and I have a lot – from MI to WI. Tyson and I took the train on Thursday from Milwaukee to Ann Arbor. It was great to see my family! We spent Friday loading up the truck and hanging out… making a big Polish dinner and enjoying being together. Saturday was a whirlwind – loaded up the rest of the truck, went to an appointment, had an Ethiopian lunch with a dear friend and went antiquing. Then it was back home and time to head out. We left around 7 pm and made it into WI at 1:15 am Sunday morning. I drove the last 2 hours… can you imagine me driving a 16’ truck? Yeah neither could I. But it was not too terrible. I was thankful for the AMC van driving experience… that helped a lot. Sunday was the day for unpacking. There were some challenges to this. Milwaukee got pounded with snow on Friday – the first blizzard since 1998! There is over a foot of snow on the ground. We piled winter clothes on and Tyson drove the truck over to the apartment and I stopped at Sendik’s (a local market) for some hot cocoa and cookies – for snacking/breaks later on. The temp was about 15 degrees with a nice brisk breeze. Even with all our winter clothes on, it was cold. So, we started bringing stuff in. Back and forth, back and forth. We finally got two big loads done and took a break. Then back at it. Finally the only two things left were the dresser and the Couch. With only the two of us we knew that it was not going to walk out on its own, so mustered up our remaining strength and finished the unloading process. There are a bunch of things that happened after – but what is important is that we did it and returned the truck by about 8 pm. So, there you have the sort of whirlwind 24 hours of my life. I cannot believe that we did it… it really was only by the grace of God that we managed to do this without any accidents or misfortunes. For that I am so thankful! He truly was watching out for us! Despite the cold weather, ice, snow, lack of extra hands, etc.
Cheers from MKE.

3 Comments:
yahoo!! you're all moved in. what a joy! i'm so glad everything is working out so nicely for you, tor! God bless!
11:01 PM
Well, even though I am all moved in - everything still remains in boxes... now comes the fun part - ORGANIZING!!! :) wahooo!
9:17 AM
I too am moved ... I just got into my newest place ... this time in CHICAGO. IF you are ever inclined to brave the trip or are just in the area, let me know.
I hope you had a merry Christmas and a happy new year! Cheers to starting out fresh in a new place!
11:22 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home