New Job, New City...
Well, I am at the point where another blog post is long over due. I have finally started my new job and I love it. I do have, as a close friend put it: a sweet job, in the city of my choice, and getting a chill pad. And all done for love, to be near my dearest fiance. What more could I ask for... well I will tell you: for my family and closest friends to be here with me... but that is what all of us desire. So, with all of this falling into place, as more close friends pointed out, it was silly to worry in the first place. What a lesson in patience and flexibility these past five months have been. When I think back on them, it is incredible all that has happened.
I am excited to get my new apartment painted and decorated! But more importantly I look forward to the day when I can have all my stuff out of storage and back with me. I have to admit however, that I have forgotten some of what I even have in there. I am excited to get to know my new city more and to explore. My fiance and I have already met some new people and have been trying to network. It is amazing how small the world really is. I have met people that knew people through Ave. It is truly amazing.
In other news, I would like to share with you my favorite part of my new job and new city and that is (DRUM ROLL PLEASE): the lake! On my way in, I get to see the lake every morning on my way in and when I come home. What a perfect way to get ready for the day. Yesterday on my drive in the sun was just getting ready to crest over the horizon and it was the softest pink and the lake looked like a sheet of glass. Birds were gently atop as if standing on a counter. It was a great sight and one that I know for sure will never grow old, for it is never the same. Well, more updates later and hopefully pictures too (just need to find a digital camera!).
Cheers,
the bride-2-be

7 Comments:
Congrats, Torie! I miss you!
3:07 AM
oh man! i can SO relate. the missing friends and family, the lake view, and all! that's so fabulous darling, i'm so happy for you!
7:45 PM
oh, yeah...the storage part. i forgot that when i was writing the 1st comment. silly me. anywho, that's always fun to find out what you thought was important enough a few years ago to put in storage.=)
7:46 PM
So what is the new job?
Just an FYI as well...we have a new baby :) as of 10-13-06, Miss Julia-Marie Margaret.
Good luck with the move!
6:27 PM
WOO HOO! I've been wondering what happened...did you get the job at the University? The guy did call me for a reference, but it was just to check if you actually worked those dates...he didn't ask about your skills or anything. I found that strange, but a guess he must've already felt he had a good pulse on that. I'm happy for you, Vic!
9:00 PM
Sounds lovely...a lake view everymorning! My dear Lake...of course I knew it from the other side. Miss you Tor! I had nobody to do my hair this Halloween...
8:42 AM
Great news, Vic. It sounds like you have a nice setup there, and it's just what you wanted. I'm glad you were able to come out of the past five months with a positive result. It's amazing to see how God rewards those who live on faith alone :-). See you at Christmas time!
2:19 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home