Interesting
Two interesting things happened yesterday:1.) While I was driving to an appointment in the afternoon, the rain that had come down so heavily and so quickly, that where there once was normal suburbian streets, now flowed a strong river. This was the first time I had ever driven in so much standing (or should I say rushing) water. Thankfully most of the other drivers lowered their speeds and moved toward the center of the road. I really felt like I was in one of those Weather Channel clips – watching people try to make it wherever they are going while battling with nature. It was interesting and a little nerve-racking to say the least.
2.) Then on my way home, the rain and storms continued but in a most unusual way… the lightning was fierce. Again on another suburbian road (going home a different way to avoid the rivers) a bolt of lightning streaked out of the sky and directly into a power line. Consequently, the brightest flash of light, I have ever seen, a huge fire “pop” and then smoke.
It was an eventful afternoon. Today seems to be right up there with yesterday’s interesting events. It just does not seem to end. The task for today was complete a job application and mail it to the company… easy enough you would think. But then you have issues like printers malfunctioning, missing details, and questions as inane as: what is your typing speed? Who knows these things? Thanks to a friend, we found a test online. But in college, I think that we all figured our typing speed was either as fast (or faster if you were adding in sidebar comments) as the prof spoke. Or how long it took you to type up that paper right before it was due at class. This is where the real typists emerged… their word-per-minute was not what mattered, but rather who could turn that paper in before being docked a whole letter grade. Or in the study groups who had the most amusing notes. So you see who really cares what the word-per-minute is… us Ave grads and students know we can rise to any wpm challenge and type however fast we need to! *victory violin music softly starts in the background*
Hope your afternoon is a better success than mine:
bride-2-b

4 Comments:
So...what is your wpm?
-curious
6:17 PM
Curious -
According to the ridiculous internet test, about 52 wpm. Apparantly better than average. I am going to retest when I am on a keyboard that I can actually type on. (Laptops are not conducive to this type of strenuous testing, haha). How is life Kate?
Emily - thank you for being such a dedicated reader!
Dad - thank you for your comments too! I love you!
10:31 AM
Ok, Torie, I have to tell you this dream I had of you last night. I woke up at 2 AM laughing my head off, Therese probably thought I'd gone nuts.
Here it is: You, me and Chribs are standing in a dressing room of a ritzy store. You are planning on buying a dog, but haven't picked one out yet. SOOOO, you decide it's a good idea to try on doggie outfits for your future dog, you know, to make sure they are cute.
Suddenly you are wearing this doggie outfit and exlaiming how well it fits you!!! And we're agreeing!! It has the little front leg sleeves on your arms, and the bag leg sleeves on your legs, and it is puffy around the butt area because you are standing up instead of standing doggie-style. The doggie outfit is pink with white poofie things on it.
I'm going to die just thinking about it.
6:45 PM
Sushi -
that is about the funniest dream I have ever heard about... must be related to the inhalation of paint fumes. :)
You are hilarious - wish I could have really been there.
8:26 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home