Memory Lane
I should not be allowed to use pens.
You know, it is something that baffles me. I cannot use a pen, marker or highlighter without getting it all over myself. I remember in College, I would end up with highlighter on my hands, or jeans... objects that they should not let me have. It can be likened to the Brian Reagan sketch when he is talking about Ironing boards and questioning why they let us still have these in our homes. They are the most unsafe invention and in this safety conscious world, they are amazingly still on the market. Now, obviously the aforementioned objects are not necessarily bad for one's health, however they are bad for one's self-confidence and/or wardrobe. I would, I assume, have to heed my father's advice from when I was young and that is the old addage: "be careful". I guess that is the true mystery of my life... why can't I just be more careful. Hmmm. It is a Monday and always a good day for some random tangent and it is also spring break here in WI... so it is quiet at work. I am enjoying the peace. Like the calm before a storm, it is always welcomed. A sunny 57 degrees is also our good fortune. A beautiful day which also marks the sad day in which my grandmother, Joyce, passed from this life. She was 3 days shy of turning 61 years old. It was after a long and rough battle with cancer, and after hanging on for much longer than they expected, she passed away in her sleep. I miss her. I was young to loose such an amazing woman. My mother has always told me how much I resemble her in my interests and passions. She was a want-to-be fashion designer, loved cooking, antiquing, holidays (esp. Valentine's Day and Christmas), traditions and most of all, family. She was a warm hearted woman and I have the vaguest memory of her and it is one that I will never let go of. I hold it deep within me, and there are times, when I smell a unique scent, such as that of an antique store and the memory comes happily flooding back.
Yours in memory lane,
the pink princess

1 Comments:
her soul and your family will be in my prayers. call me anytime if you want/need to talk.
8:52 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home