It is a beautiful place, serene and peaceful. Warm and inviting yet strangely invigorating, shades of pink fill the land and happiness is like oxygen - easy to breathe in and necessary for life. Welcome to the Bubbleland of the Pink Princess.

9.16.2005

A fond memory, Martina McBride, a shiner and Wagner.


Yes these four seem to be of a rather odd collection and as you suspected they are really in no way connected at all. But here we go:

Martina McBride: those of you who know me know that I am by no means a country fan… actually quite the opposite. My roommate however enjoys it. So this morning as both of us were getting ready, we had the radio on and the song “Blessed” came on by Martina McBride. Oddly enough, this song used to be on a CD that was given to me by a friend… so it carries quite a few memories and considering yesterday’s good news – I felt the song fitting for the morning. I felt the chorus to be the most fitting:
“I have been blessed And I feel like I've found my way I thank God for all I've been given At the end of every day I have been blessed With so much more than I deserve To be here with the ones That love me To love them so much it hurts I have been blessed…”

A fond memory: this morning as I was walking in one of the parking lots, the air was chilly, the sky painfully gray and the mist that filled the air was actually more of a drizzle. The drops which gently touched my face were cool. The combination was enough to revive a memory of when I lived in a tiny town of Austria. It was this memory that filled my mind as I made my way to work… of course a smile still on my face.

The Shiner: Well, as you can see this one has a picture to tell the tale. Yesterday I awoke with a slight bruise under my eye. Today when I woke up – the slight bruise had turned into quite a shiner. You cannot tell from the photo (which my boss took for me at work ;)) but amidst the black & blue bruise, there is a ridiculous amount of swelling around my eye and up to my forehead. Many of you do not know this, but I however have always wanted a black eye – so I finally got one. The good news: I got it without getting socked! ;) This rather sick dream is why my boss and I took a picture this morning. The bonus (other than me being able to have the picture) is that I can share it with all of you!

Wagner: This may make a bit more sense for those of you who are aware of Richard Wagner and his music dramas. Tonight, my boss and I are going to see a play which is starring an ex-co-worker of ours. This play is actually a roast based on Wagner’s Ring Cycle (usually a four-night long production). It is supposed to be hilarious and set in Texas! So, for the past two days my boss and I have been researching and learning all we could about the original Ring Cycle so that we can get all the quips and jokes in tonight’s production! This has turned into quite an obsession and we even created a flow-chart to help us keep track of the intricate plot and intertwining characters. I will let you all know how this goes – but needless to say, I am quite excited.

3 Comments:

Blogger World Traveler said...

"ex"..it sounds so final and distant. sniff...hope the show lived up to the expectations.

1:54 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Ha, found your blog!
nice shiner, babe : )

8:50 PM

 
Blogger Meghan said...

I made up my face to look like I had a shiner when I was 10. The neighbors about called child protective services so I didn't do that again, but I empathize.

Looked a little better today.

8:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home