It is a beautiful place, serene and peaceful. Warm and inviting yet strangely invigorating, shades of pink fill the land and happiness is like oxygen - easy to breathe in and necessary for life. Welcome to the Bubbleland of the Pink Princess.

9.09.2005

The end of a crazy week…

Much has trespassed through the hours and minutes of this collection of days known as a week. Many things cannot be recounted here due to their nature and the time it would take to recount them... however there have been many pleasant events that have made this week just a little more bearable and a little less crazy…

Here are some of the things that made this week happy:
A random bouquet of flowers
Conversations with two old friends
A couple of really great movies
A night with the ladies of Gabriel Hall
A chance to give to the less fortunate
An unexpected cup of Starbucks with a visit from my family
A Labor Day party surrounded by family and friends
Celebrating my grandfather’s 79th birthday
A really great bottle of Oktoberfest beer (thanks to my Uncle)
Two pairs of really cute shoes on clearance, which were my size – when does that happen?
A big compliment on my job abilities from a former colleague

The saddest part of this week is the unfortunate cancellation of a benefit that was going to be held for the Hurricane Victims. I was looking forward to being involved, helping plan, singing for the choir, etc. But alas, there shall be no benefit. The fundraiser shall still go on which is just as important.

The plans for the weekend are the following: NOTHING. I am so thankful for a weekend that I don’t have to work or really do anything at all. This means that I can do fun things like go to my favorite little coffee shop to read, watch movies, sleep in, see my family, go to Confession, bake, scrapbook, paint and try my hand at making sushi. Whether or not I shall be able to fulfill all these big plans remains to be seen, however that is the unplanned plan for now.

To all of you, have a wonderful weekend… to those traveling – be safe. To those in school – happy studies. To those who need their week to be brightened – smile because you are loved.
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved." -Victor Hugo

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vick!
Hey girl! Sounds like you've had an exciting week. I was writing an email to our aunts and uncles (and your parents), and I thought, hey I should email Vick! My first week of college went pretty well. As much as I miss the parents, I love the freedom. I forgot to give your parents my address. Do you mind passing it on to them? It is: 3400 North Maryland Avenue Box 0381 Milwaukee, WI 53211 Thanks so much. So mom and dad are coming down today, so I should probably pick up a little bit! If you'd like to email me back, my email address is carterjl@uwm.edu or small_stuff_15@hotmail.com. I love you girl! Say hi to Nat for me!
Jessie

11:05 AM

 
Blogger Chribis said...

You got cute shoes????? You got cute shoes on sale????? How I wish I was you. I drove past DSW today and resisted the temptation to go in in spite of the huge 70% off sign in the window. If I only had money. Do relize how long it's been since I got to buy a new pair of shoes. I guess you know what I'll be doing with my first paycheck. I had this dream the other night that Em and I were shopping and she found this pair of pink shoes, that I've had my eye on for quite some time, and she calls me over because they were on sale for $15.00 (you know this is a dream because in reality they are about $300.00) but they didn't have my size. I was devistated. Isn't that the way though?
Well I hope you enjoy you new purchase. Talk to you soon.

12:11 PM

 
Blogger World Traveler said...

"fun things like go to my favorite little coffee shop to read, watch movies, sleep in, see my family, go to Confession, bake, scrapbook, paint and try my hand at making sushi."

Which one of these doesn't belong??

Ha! You kill me. Glad to hear you are back on the map. I want to make a plea to you and Sushi, my new play opens this weekend at the Croswell Opera House in Adrian. You must come. It is hands down the best performance I have ever participated in. It is hilariously funny and I know you will both enjoy it. It is Fri, Sat at 8:00 and Sun at 2:00 (I think) It is also the following weekend too..

I am not above begging..

A quick synopsis..It is loosely based on Wagner's Ring Cycle so it has a great deal of characters squashed into 2 hours, played by 5 people with Texan accents. Oh, it takes place on a ranch. It also has elements of Lord of the RIngs, since there is this magic ring..anyway, I play a hard up gal looking for cowboy.

Hope to see you there. Te theater is fabulous. I guess it is the oldest continuously operating theater in Michigan. Who knew! Adrian is just off 23 although you probably know a secret way.

ok, enough babbling.

8:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home