It is a beautiful place, serene and peaceful. Warm and inviting yet strangely invigorating, shades of pink fill the land and happiness is like oxygen - easy to breathe in and necessary for life. Welcome to the Bubbleland of the Pink Princess.

7.25.2005

Updates, happenings and stuff

So, it has been a long time since a real post and as such this promises to be a rather lenghthy entry... readers bewares. ;)

Florida was wonderful and I am so thankful that I went... however as the trip started I had my doubts that I would ever even make it to the land of oranges and beaches. It was 6:30 am and my parents dropped me off at the most po-dunk terminal in the entire Detroit Metro airport (the Barry terminal - for those of you who know this airport) one that I have flown out of at least a couple of times now. After goodbyes, I entered the lobby to meet a huge line - all people heading to FL. So, waiting patiently inline admist the very interesting array of people - it was finally my turn. The lady at the desk polietly asked whether I would like a window or aisle seat - of course I opted for the window. :) Then she informed me that the 8:00 am flight was delayed until 10 am. So, I made my way upstairs and went through security and found a place to sit. It was going to be a while... well 10 o'clock came and went. Finally someone from downstairs came up and informed us all that there was no way we were leaving before 1 pm... oh great. They gave us a $10 food voucher for the one cafeteria in the whole place. I made my way there and figured out what I could get for ten bucks... should be pretty easy right? Yeah sure... the burgers alone were $9.50. So I settled for a hot dog, some bags of chips and soda. After eating I went back to a more secluded place and plugged my phone into charge it, painted my toes and worked on my friend's bachelorette gift - a journal of love poems and quotes... time passes slowly and the air conditioning was on so high - about half way through the day - I changed into the warmest thing I brought with me: a pair of running pants and a zip up track jacket. Not all that warm, but it helped. Finally after many rumors, we were addressed again - we would not be making the 1:00 pm take off either. It was now 2 pm. That didnt happen either. We finally took off at 3:30! I made into Naples and was picked up by two friends and taken back to the house that I was to be staying at... also the location of the bachelorette party that was going to take place in about an hour from the time of our arrival at the house. So, the maid of honor was double booked by her mom and we quickly put all the snacks out and decorated. After most was done, I headed to a room to get ready and wrap the gift for the bride! :) Nothing like trying to make yourself look presentable after bumming around a terminal all day and a 3 1/2 hour plane ride. ;) People started arriving and it was sort of a mini reunion. It was a great party. After a while people started to leave and we headed to another apartment where we were to spend the weekend... (this is getting to be really long - I will shorten the following!!)
Friday we woke up went to the reception site and helped decorate. Went to the mall - didn't buy anything (shocker!). Went to the site for the rehearsal dinner - helped set up. Went back to get ready. Came back for dinner - which was great! After dinner and talking, we headed to McCabes Irish Bar for more socializing and drinking. The end of night 2.
Saturday - the day of the wedding:
Woke up, went to confession, came back and started on the bridesmaids' hair. It was a relaxing morning full of all the girl stuff that I love. 2:30 went to help get all the bridal party ready for pictures and then came back to get myself ready. In the midst of minor power shortages - I was thinking that if we lost power - i would have only half of my head curled - random. The wedding was wonderful. We all headed to the reception for a GREAT PARTY! It all turned out beautifully and after dinner the music drew me quickly to the dance floor where I stayed almost the entire night - leaving only to take pictures and get more water! After the reception ended (much to early we all concluded) we headed to another bar, Pelican Larry's for more party time! End of day 3.
Sunday morning - woke up, went to Mass, came back and the group of us girls headed to the Sunrise cafe for a large breakfast. After that it was on to the beach for some rays... back home where we vegged and talked. Then out to dinner at Applebees. Back home - more talking and discussions. Monday woke up - took two friends to the airport. Came back, packed, went to Mass. Picked up lunch at Publix. Then went to one of my best friend's parents' house. Chatted with her mom and dad for a while... then back for more packing and good byes and then it was time to head back. No delays this time and I was back in detroit with no complications and greeted warmly by my mom and sister.
The End of my FL trip.

Since then life has been busy with helping a friend move, laundry, cleaning, SCRAPBOOKING, and parties. It never stops.

Well, that is it for now. more later...

2 Comments:

Blogger Chribis said...

Yeeeaaah! Don't you just love airlines. Sounds like you had a great time though once you got there. One Question though, Where Are the Pictures????? I want to see you in your new dress. pictures of the bride would be fun too.

3:14 PM

 
Blogger Princess Torie said...

Chrib - pics are coming. I need to scan them in. I also have one more roll to develop. Soon.
In the mean time I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!

8:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home