Torie-So-Pinks, The Lake, and Chocolate
Friday night was a spontaneous gathering of friends. It turned into quite the gathering as none of us really wanted to go out or watch a movie… so what else is perfect for a hot Friday night? Torie-So-Pinks! A fun and personalized drink concoction that was a present to me from my cousin and sister when I turned 21 – created especially for me… it is always a treat to be able to share this fun drink with others. It was also a fabulous way to “christen” the new set of martini glasses that I received as a birthday present from a dear friend. The pink sweetness of this refreshing drink matched the pink stems of the glasses. To make the evening more perfect (hard to do right?) we played a new game – Apples to Apples – the game of hilarious comparisons. It kept us occupied for hours and as the hours faded into the night – the game went on, each round becoming more interesting as we became more familiar with the game. The night soon and sadly came to an end.
Saturday brought a relaxing day of fun in the sun. I arose early to get ready for the day, headed with my sister and her boyfriend to one of my favorite local coffee shops for a mocha and played scrabble. I really hate that game – however it was fun to play and pass the time while we awaited the arrival of my parents. We all headed down to my aunt’s cottage on the lake! This has to be one of the most relaxing days that I have had in a long time. It was so great – most of the day I was perched on their dock… alternating between laying down and sitting trying to soak up as much sun as I could… to try to fill the lack of sun that I have been able to acquire this summer. My family would come and join me occasionally on what I adopted as my little island on the water. Though it was not a sandy beach, the extremely gorgeous day, the smell of the water, the breeze and the rays made the rather smallish lake a perfect oasis for this prisoner to air-conditioning and ceilings. The sun waned and the grills were lit for the perfect dinner on the lake – bratwurst, Grammy’s famous baked beans, and Mimi’s famous macaroni salad… what beats that? After dinner went to meet a local family who is building their own cottage – which will be their retirement home – a true craftsman home – it was gorgeous! Then back to the water – for a ride on the pontoon boat. Then it was time to pack up and head home… with an hour and a half drive ahead of us. Who ever wants to leave the lake? No one… but after much hesitation we said our goodbyes and departed.
Sunday was a collection of random happenings – the highlight was seeing “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”! I LOVED IT! I thought it was great. I love movies for kids – they excite and fascinate me – maybe its because I am still so much a kid at heart… or maybe it is because most stories for children are filled with so much hope and belief in the Good. Regardless, this was a good remake of movie that in some ways I liked but in most I did not.
Yesterday, well there is really nothing positive to say about yesterday – it started off ok – until I got to work and got progressively worse… thankfully it ended. Accomplishments of the day however were: I got another painting finished… that is 2 for my collection thus far and more scrapbooking.
Today – work is work, still trying to get over the effects of yesterday and looking forward to my trip to the hair salon tonight. More about that later!
In the mean time, here’s a quote: "The very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream." - William Shakespeare

2 Comments:
Hey! You forget to mention your incredible sushi lunch on Friday..even more incredible was the company, je suppose.
4:52 PM
my apologies - I added a PS above. :)
It was great seeing you! I just wish it could have been longer!
9:30 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home