It is a beautiful place, serene and peaceful. Warm and inviting yet strangely invigorating, shades of pink fill the land and happiness is like oxygen - easy to breathe in and necessary for life. Welcome to the Bubbleland of the Pink Princess.

7.26.2005

Random thoughts.

Last night brought with it a wonderful and quite tasty dinner as well as wonderful company. Some friends and I were invited to my boss' (and friend's) new apartment. It was the first meal she had cooked and it turned out beautifully. It was thyme and lemon chicken breast with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and a mixed greens salad. All complimented by chilled white wine and for desert - DRUMSTICKS! ;) Oh the appetizer was amazing as well - it was an asiago cheese dip. Definitely not on the "weight-watchers" plan... but it was sooo good! :) So good food, good wine and good friends, made for a meal so pleasant.
This morning feels like a Monday. The stormy overcast sky is rather depressing and it has been very grey lately - and if the sun has been out - it has been hazy as it is so hot. It is already 82 degrees and only 9 am. Don't get me wrong as most of you know, it is not the heat that I mind... it is the air that drips with humidity. Today is particularly horrid... the air is wet and heavy. But maybe that means we shall be in for a good storm. We had one last night - but I missed it as I drifted off to dreamland before the sky opened. However, as I was driving I saw the lighting behind the clouds lighting up the sky... it looked like heaven's own fireworks display! There were some other thoughts that were going through my mind as I watched the sky lit up and fiery - but they are too heavy to relate on a morning such as this... so keep the happier thoughts of heaven's light show as your visual.
Work today will consist of a meeting at one of our favorite coffee shops (not Starbucks - though that would be wonderful) to plan the year before the students return. Hopefully it shall be productive. Although sometimes I like unproductive meetings... I remember one time we had a meeting there and we got on the subject of parenting and we pretty much stayed there. So many things to consider being a parent - which makes me thankful that I am not one. ;)
Well, work calls and thus I must answer. Hope your day is filled with sunshine and peace or if you are anywhere close to me - a wonderful rainstorm.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chribis said...

Torie,
I think you should seriously consider taking up writing. You have a way of taking even the most random thought and elaborating on it and finally making a mini story of just that one single thought. I think you would do well as a writer. In fact, you could be my co-writer on my book (that I AM going to write sometime). What do you think?

1:56 PM

 
Blogger Princess Torie said...

Chrib -
I would love to help you write your story. :) Though I am not sure what kind of child would want to read something that we would come up wtih - knowing how our minds work... you know those dark thoughts... ;) haha. Just kidding. It would be fun. The best theme for a book that we could co-write would be the pink girls... ;) imagine what you could write on that. :)
love you.

3:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home