It is a beautiful place, serene and peaceful. Warm and inviting yet strangely invigorating, shades of pink fill the land and happiness is like oxygen - easy to breathe in and necessary for life. Welcome to the Bubbleland of the Pink Princess.

8.03.2005

An addendum to my last entry:

I forgot to mention two important events that happened last Friday during the day – so much had happened over my all too short weekend – the events and the sun clouded my memory. ;) During my lunch hour on Friday, I had a dreaded appointment… with the ORTHODONTIST! Ahhhhh. The dreaded horror of it all. I started this whole orthodontia process late last fall. What then should be so horrible about this appointment you ask? Well, I wasn’t exactly doing what he told me to, due to a whole long string of complications – to painful and boring to enumerate. This was that fateful meeting when I had to tell him that I had made no progress at all. It all turned out ok – not amazing, but what can you expect from a place filled with people, who, for their life’s work like to inflict the most particular and potentially excruciating pain on people. As my hair stylist always says: “pain makes beauty”. Pain on the top of my head, I don’t mind… pain in my mouth – what can I say – OUCH! After two hours there – that’s the other thing that just drives me crazy about that place, it makes it absolutely impossible to plan anything because they take forever… never on time, and I find them worse than most medical doctors or dentists. But that’s as may be. The highlight of my Friday, followed shortly after. Did I mention that I was supposed to be at lunch with friends when this dreaded meeting was occurring? Well, when I finally was released, I called to see if they were still at our favorite Sushi restaurant… no answer. Since it’s on the way back to work, I thought that I would just pull in to the parking lot to see if they were there… and sure enough they were! It was overjoyed that they were both still there. I hurried into the restaurant and spotted them (not hard to do as the place was almost empty, preparing to close until dinner). They had ordered me my favorite “crunchy crab roll” to go. But I enjoyed it there (much better ambiance than my desk) with them. There is nothing like satisfying a sushi craving in the delightful company and good conversation of friends. A great big "Thank You" to both of you for all you have done for me and for the sushi! :)
We should set up another date - this time: Ethiopian - my new favorite!

1 Comments:

Blogger World Traveler said...

That's better.

Sadly, I am not much of an Ethiopian cuisine fan. I hate that fermented bread. Gak!

10:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home