It is a beautiful place, serene and peaceful. Warm and inviting yet strangely invigorating, shades of pink fill the land and happiness is like oxygen - easy to breathe in and necessary for life. Welcome to the Bubbleland of the Pink Princess.

9.20.2005

Another post to fill you in on the happenings.

So Friday night was the Wagner roast and it was hilarious. Our friend Shannon was great – Snaps! Snaps! It was great to see her and her husband and share some time and some pizza. Aside from that the rest of the night was actually something that could be titles: “Musings of a Small Town Horror Show”. To sum it all up, the cop got us for speeding on our way to this tiny town in MI (anyone who knows me, knows that small towns and I do not get along) and when we got there it was like a ghost town full of a number of creepy occurrences that just make you think… anyway, because the cop had confiscated my friend’s license (license for bond since she is from out of state) we got kicked out of this sick little bar full of men… yup not one woman in sight except for the waitress who kicked us out. Unreal. Anyway, I refuse to go to that town ever again – too many resemblances to the Truman Show.

Saturday was full of errands, helping my sister, inconsequentially assisting for set-up for the semi-formal dance happening that night. Then it was nap time, dinner time and then time to get ready. This was quite the challenge with the shiner that got even worse – should have taken more pics! Apparently this shall be my friend for the next three weeks. Yikes.

The dance was fun! There was a good turn out and even though the sound system was a little quiet for our rambunctious crowd – I think everyone managed to have a great time dancing the night away. After the dance, I went with some friends to another party which has been so appropriately named “The Stiff Deer Fest”. It was the most uncomfortable hour and a half of my life… I have never encountered so many people who are incapable of having a normal conversation. Whatever.

Sunday was a great relaxing day. I went home to spend the day with my parents. We spent the afternoon cooking. My father cracked upon a 17 year old bottle of vino – straight from Italy! It was fabulous. The Mahi Mahi that I had bought for us to enjoy was on the other hand not that fabulous… but who cares when you have vino that good?! It was great to be home and enjoy the relaxation of just talking with my parents. :)

Monday, I got my stitches out - not anywhere nearly as painful as I had thought. I have never had stitches taken out – so this was a new experience. So for the first time I got to see the scar – which is so small that you will probably not even be able to notice it in several months. Then it was off for a celebratory dinner at my fave Japanese restaurant where my parents and I ordered ridiculous amounts of sushi and ate just enough and brought the leftovers home for my sister who could not join us.

That is all for now. No random musings for today – just an update. I am anxious to get home and finish working on my homework for my sewing class and to scrap book!

"For Christ plays in ten thousand places, lovely in eyes and lovely in limbs not his." --G. M. Hopkins

1 Comments:

Blogger Princess Torie said...

Jo -
thank you for that... isnt it so random how people can trespass in and out our dreams without us having any control over the matter. that is hilarious. thank you for brightening my day in a way that only you can! ;)
haha.
tor

1:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home