Another Monday
Well it is another Monday and the close of the weekend was sadder than usual. The weekend, as I had mentioned before, was packed with many events and did not leave much time for relaxing.
On Friday night we took our students to a Tigers game. They played the Seattle Mariners. When I was in Seattle in May, I was supposed to attend a Mariners game, but that did not work out – so it was neat to be able to see them play here. I, as you know do not like or rather detest baseball (sorry to all you fans of the sport), but the games are fun and we enjoyed being there. The Tigers lost (not a huge shocker), so I think that was disappointing for some. I really could careless one way or the other. The thing that I did truly enjoy was the fireworks show at the end of the game. It is by far one of the best I have ever seen, topping most of the 4th of July shows! It was great… and a great ending to the game. After the game, we all headed down to Greektown to eat (& drink) at a Mexican restaurant. IT was a lot of fun!
Saturday was a day full of errands. Thankfully my sister was with me and we enjoyed just being together, but the negative aspect was that there were so many people out and we had other things to do besides run errands, so it was not as relaxing as either of us would have liked. Then it was back home to get ready for a friend’s bachelorette party. This required making an hors d’ oeuvre to pass and getting ready in a formal gown, complete with a tiara. Now, this may seem like a simple feat, but it was quite complicated due to the fact that my dresses were packed away and make-up time was practically doubled as there was some definite need for concealer to hide my still quite obvious shiner. I was semi-successful. The party was a lot of fun and we headed home quite late, and then it was time for bed.
Sunday I awoke, went to Mass and then met my parents to head down to a family reunion. It was fun, considering that I had never met any of these people in my entire life. But, I am a sucker for genealogy and therefore this was quite enjoyable. The reunion ended, and we headed to Starbucks to talk. Then it was back home. I talked with a dear friend of mine on the phone and then watched a movie with my roomie and her boyfriend. We watched Punch-Drunk Love, which I think would qualify as the DUMBEST movie I have ever seen. It was so dumb in fact that we had to watch another one, since I was so mad we had wasted time with the first. The next one is an amazing movie and I recommend it: Antwone Fisher.
So that was my weekend… not amazingly exciting but enjoyable just the same.
Today is quiet and a perfect fall day. Grey clouds fill the sky, random showers, and the tiniest slivers of blue sky peek through the quickly moving clouds. It is much warmer than it looks, but it is a great day to curl up with a book (which I did over lunch, after running to the store to buy some medicinal supplies for my sister and friend who are both sick with pretty nasty colds). Tonight I was planning on cleaning, but I think I will push that off til tomorrow and just read and scrapbook tonight. :) It is not the day for such a task as cleaning… that needs to happen when I have more energy and the day is not so perfectly tempting to just relax in its beauty.

1 Comments:
I love that movie! What is wrong with you??
3:32 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home