WI again....
So this past weekend brought us happily back to Wisconsin, my home. My parents and I drove in on Friday and met up with family friends for dinner in Little Mexico. It was great… even greater was a present that I received from one of my friends that left me quite overwhelmed and deeply touched. After dinner and drinks we headed back to their house to spend more time talking and relaxing – it was great. Then back to the hotel for zzzzzz.
Saturday was the BIG day. My dear friend Kate tied the knot. Kate and I have known each other since we were born… and it was an emotional moment when the two of us embraced immediately after the ceremony… the reception was great and we headed back to the hotel at about 11:30. I also met up with one of my other friends that I went to 1st grade with and we got to spend a great deal of the reception talking and dancing it was great. Three highlights of the night: dancing with Kate and Katie to “Man, I feel like a woman”, seeing Kate and Brian dance to “True Companion” (which as a friend of mine says, has to be one of the best love songs ever written, definitely perfect for a first dance as a married couple), and seeing the entire family do “the sizzling bacon” dance!
Sunday was Mass at St. Josaphat Basilica! My favorite church in Milwaukee! It is gorgeous and it is POLISH! Yay!! Then it was time to head home – which seemed to take forever… thankfully we arrived back and I just put a movie in and relaxed… then went to talk with my sister, Mona and Ryan – since I had missed them all weekend.
That brings us to today. Two highlights intertwine: I got to see my friend Lisa (who was in town for another wedding) and Sushi lunch! Ahhh, still stuffed. :)
I am including the lyrics to True Companion – for those of you who have never heard it. :) See below….
i am off to go and clean and then on to the eye doctors... very exciting night, no?! ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home