It is a beautiful place, serene and peaceful. Warm and inviting yet strangely invigorating, shades of pink fill the land and happiness is like oxygen - easy to breathe in and necessary for life. Welcome to the Bubbleland of the Pink Princess.

1.03.2006

The Best Time of the Year

The whirlwind of the holidays has concluded at least in part and I have only wonderful memories of this Christmas and New Years. I want to begin by wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and blessing-filled New Year!
It all started almost two weeks ago. Thursday the 22nd my family and I headed off to the wonderful city of Chicago. Stayed and visited with friends and shopped the City. It was a perfect beginning to the trip. We did not make it to Tiffany’s I am afraid to say – however, I have dealt with the disappointment and am moving on. Haha. Saturday we headed into Milwaukee and stayed
here. It was gorgeous and Nat and I relaxed poolside while mom and dad relaxed at the bar (we all wished these two could have been joined – you know a bar by the pool!!). Then it was time to get ready to Christmas Eve dinner and then Midnight Mass – oh my very favorite Mass of the year. I was filled with excitement. We were heading to the Polish Basilica of St. Josaphat. It was gorgeous! We met good friends there and I rejoiced in the beauty of the mystery of Christmas. It is so easy to let one’s spirit soar to the heights of heaven when surrounded by beauty in music, art, candlelight and the love of God, family and friends! We talked for a while and then departed back to the Hotel… for a champagne toast and crackers with cheese. Then we drifted off to sleep and dreamt of sugarplum fairies. :) Christmas morning and I was the last to wake, we hurriedly got dressed and headed on to the next part of our trip – Christmas day with my mom’s family in Menasha, WI. It was a wonderful visit with family and though difficult as we all felt my uncle’s presence missing; it was special for all of us who could be together. As usual I ate too much and drank (a little *wink*) and just enjoyed playing pool, talking, laughing, etc. We headed back to my Aunt’s house to sleep. After a restless sleep I finally gave up on the sleeping thing and rose from bed mid-morning – the next two days brought relaxation and just the pure joy of being with family. Wednesday morning we headed back to Milwaukee to our friends’ home and thus commenced the trek back to MI. We made it in and visited and had one of the best dinners ever! It was seasoned grilled salmon, over mashed potatoes and steamed spinach! The meal was great and the company was even greater. After dinner we all played Imaginiff, which is in my opinion one of the greatest games ever made! Then it was on to my friend’s gig at Linnemann’s Riverwest Inn. He was the feature for the night and a local fave. The place was packed – but we got front row seats! Made our way back to the house and crashed. Thursday I drove home with my friend and mom, dad and sis made their way separately. Our drive was uneventful (thankfully). We breezed through Chicago and only caught a little traffic in Indiana. Stopped for fireworks for new years and then in Kalamazoo to visit a friend who shall be departing for Afghanistan. Then made it back to good ol’ Ypsi! The next two days consisted of lots of talking, saw Narnia (AMAZING!), got Ethiopian, got presents, went ice skating, and just had a great time! Saturday was New Years Eve and we had a party to plan. Woke up a little late and made it slowly to my parents’ home. This is when the party prep began. Then the party started… it was a blast – one of the best yet – though a little on the quiet side as many of our friends could not make it. But all the same it was a perfect start to ’06! Could not have imagined a better beginning. :) New Year’s Day was Christmas with my dad’s family and consisted of games, food, drinks, fireworks, music and a great surprise for my Grandfather. It was by far one of the best family Christmases ever! Heading home late, there was still time for a movie. There was a slow start to Monday morning and we headed for sushi at Yotsuba!!
Finally back to the office to the holidays and thought that I would grace all of you with a long blog post as it has been quiet for quite some time. I hope that your holidays were filled with love, joy and the peace of the Christ child! To those of you I saw and spoke with – thank you. To those I didn’t – you are missed!
Merry Christmas,

the pink princess

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Merry Christmas ...

Sounds like you had an excellent one.
May the New Year be just as excellent.

2:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home