turkey day dilema...
This weekend has been a flurry of activity which makes today’s slow pace seem off slightly. The formal dance was a success – at least I had a fantastic time and it looked as if everyone else was too! I will post some pictures as soon as I get them… that might take a while – so don’t hold your breath. Dinner before hand was relaxing and was enjoyable. The stress that came with this dance was a little more than I bargained for – however it all ended up to be worth it in the end.
Today has been slow as previously mentioned, although I learned some more things that I had never known before – like the meaning and etymology of my middle name. It is of Hebrew origin and means God is willing. I like this – I think it is interesting especially when thought of as a link with the meaning of my first name – victorious. Names are fascinating and how they evolve and change over time is a little more than interesting.
Thanksgiving is this week and there is a huge family battle as to who is hosting this year’s feast and who is bringing what and a whole host of other things – making the entire situation more than laughable! This “drama” that we currently find ourselves in when compared to the whole wide world around us – is so minute and insignificant. Considering that some people don’t even have family to celebrate with or food to eat or a home to eat in… so why make such a huge deal of he said, she said. Get over it… seriously. The whole point of this holiday is to join together to give thanks for all that we have, that means all our blessings, including each other. HELLO… how old are we anyway? This is one of the frustrating things for me regarding Thanksgiving… I feel like people just use it as an excuse for a day to be off of work and to eat obscene amounts of food. What do I love about this holiday? Well, I love it when we all get together and we are all in the kitchen, appetizers are set out and the wine is opened and everything is chaotic and everyone is trying to talk and work and cook all at the same time… it is great. Then the meal comes, although we have all eaten too much already so we just pick through everyone’s contributions to the meal… wait for dessert and then more talking and laughing… when discussed in this way – Thanksgiving can be enjoyable. I don’t know how all of this shall turn out – this little turkey day drama. All I know is that no matter what – I am going to use it as a day to relax and enjoy the fact that I have family to spend this holiday with.
Well, I should sign off and put this post to rest. Hope you all are having a happy and productive Monday.
Two quotes for your day:
If you judge people, you have not time to love them. - Mother Teresa
The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world's joy. - Henry Ward Beecher

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home