A Sunday Drive
It was the most magnificent part of my weekend – the drive home on Sunday morning. I was making my way home for Mass with my parents and after a rather restless evening, I got ready and prepared to drive home. The winds were fierce and thus I decided to take the backroads… the day was gorgeous in its own strange way. It almost seemed unnatural. The sky was heavy with clouds, dark grey and rolling… the trees were bowing in the gusts and the leaves were golden against the gloomy sky, somehow illumined and glowing. Leaves were blowing across the road flying and floating along on the gusts… all of this while listening to Christmas music. Oh it is a wonderful time of the year. As much as I love the summer, there is an equal love of the mysteriousness of the winter: the quietness of everything, the earth falling into deep slumber… all in wait for the new springtime which shall come. It is the perfect place for the holiday season, visiting friends and family, warm foods, burning fires… I am waiting for the first fire of the year… that night when the chill is just cold enough and you start a fire in the fireplace and put on that old family favored movie and just sit and enjoy time spent just relaxing.
The rest of my weekend was rather uneventful. The end of last week however was a lot of fun and in its own way highly enlightening. A friend of mine came into town for a visit and as most of you know, I love visits from friends. I also love visiting friends – but due to lack of funds, that seems to be placed on the backburner for the time being. The time spent with my family was as always a wonderful and much needed – although due to the gusts of the wind we lost power at home which changed the plans of the day… but that is as may be.
It is wonderful to think how your friends lift you up… they know you in a way that just allows for them to say and do just the right thing at just the right time. It is a fascinating aspect of friendship and one that I am quite thankful for. For all of you who have given me the gift of your friendship – I thank you. For those of you who have helped me when I needed you – I shall never forget the generosity of your care and thoughtfulness.
Quote: “What is a friend? A single soul in two bodies.” ~ Aristotle

1 Comments:
Joe -
Yes, ever since Austria - Christmas music begins to be played.. at this point mixed in randomly with the other music, until December when I see no reason to listen to anything else but those holiday tunes.
Thom, yes you are too right about Fall in MI... seems like MI only really has one good (ie: beautiful) week per season - why do we live here?! ;) haha
8:51 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home