thoughts...
Don’t you think the internet is random? I cannot tell you how many random things I have seen posted on the internet over the last couple of days. Mostly artistic stuff that other people have directed me to… and you watch this stuff and it makes you laugh. Mostly because it is funny in itself but also because you realize that someone out there made it and probably had a lot of fun doing it. Anyway, it has been a random day and thus appropriate. The weather could not be more beautiful. It is sunny, blue sky and on the cooler side. It is gorgeous. Sushi and I sat outside and ate our lunch on our 2nd floor deck. It was so perfect. It brought back many memories of eating by Lake Michigan… the cool breeze that blows in off the lake. Just cant beat that. When I was home over the summer, we went to one of the beaches that we frequented when I was young and unfortunately now there is a horrible stench that fills the air. There is speculation as to why this happened but I really do not want to go into it. The happier thought is that it brought back memories of playing in the sand with friends and watching the water flow back and forth from the shore. Some things never grow old… nor do you tire of seeing them.
I have had lots of free time lately and have used it to try to broaden my interests and deepen my knowledge of different things… some of the current interests: baking, sewing, movies (not really recent but still a current obsession), scrapbooking (also not recent), dancing and of course cooking. I never got to bake much during college – I really never had the time and I never really enjoyed the outcome (I am not a huge sweets fan). But as my recipe box grows I am interested in trying to make new and interesting baked goods. The art of baking is something that I have always wanted to master, so I am trying to venture into the territory of exact measurements and sugar filled delicacies. If I had to place myself in a category I think I would be much more of a cook than a baker – I enjoy eating food much more than bakery and I feel it is much more creative. Whether or not this is true I don’t know. Sorry for the random information. However if you have any good recipes – pass them on!
It is strange, but being out of school for two years my brain seems to be thirsting for knowledge of any kind. I try to read on a semi-regular basis (outside of all that I need to read for work) and most of the time what do I reach for – if you guessed philosophy you are correct. Somehow it always seems to comfort me. I think this is due to the years that I spent cramming it into my brain. You know those nights when you sleep on the book hoping that osmosis will occur with the literary work to your brain. Well, there was that one time.. well no, I guess not. Just kidding. But it is definitely something that I miss about school. Of course it is mid-terms here at school and everyone is stressing out and I miss that too. It was such a happy sort of stress (at least looking back at it now). You knew that it would be over shortly, but at the same time it seemed like an eternity… then it would pass and you would look back thinking – that was not so bad. Ha!
Well, here’s to all of you stressing over those mid-terms and to those of you who aren’t don’t you kind of miss it? ;)
Happy Wednesday!

2 Comments:
aww, Tor, you're making me sentimental- i'm not ready to give this up!!!
12:52 PM
I will too... i know all sorts of things about psychology... oh yeah... if you think you can get past me - you picked the wrong blonde! ;)
sorry for the quiet blog - check back tomorrow for some fun updates! :)
5:10 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home