It is a beautiful place, serene and peaceful. Warm and inviting yet strangely invigorating, shades of pink fill the land and happiness is like oxygen - easy to breathe in and necessary for life. Welcome to the Bubbleland of the Pink Princess.

10.14.2005

Depressed...

Well, this shall not be a happy post – so for all of you currently in a good mood – you may want to save reading this until sometime when you feel more like I do know. So, if you are still reading this you are either really interested or are sad… if you are the later I sympathize with you. I really do not like being depressed, as I feel it is completely against my rather happy-go-lucky nature. But that is as may be. So on to the source of my frustration/depression. It all stems from the pure fact that something that has been a source of pleasure and happiness in my life is coming to an end. Ave Maria is closing… yes I know that most of you already knew this, as I did too. However, the actual painful process of watching it happen is almost more excruciating than I can bear. The once hopeful attitude has passed and the small portion of my being that is the realist has captured me. It is in this current state that I feel like Meg Ryan in You’ve Got Mail. The personal aspect of something closing that you feel so personally attached to. I mean its my Alma Mater… the loving Mother. Is it off base to say that it feels like your mother dying. Obviously not on that scale… but still. Those of you who know what Ave truly is, will know what I mean when I say this. This reality was all brought to my consciousness today as we said goodbye to yet another person who has been here from the start. It is the true sorrow of seeing everyone go and it is now that I envy all of you who are away and do not have to witness this. I know that I may be overreacting slightly to this – but this is the way that I feel. Ave Maria has been such a source of happiness and through it all I know that the memories will survive. Nothing can make take away those precious friends, bonds, and memories that came from Ave. I know that, but watching the deterioration of something that is so dear fade into nothingness is horrifying. I could go on – but I just cant. For those of you who read this whole thing, my apologies. To those of you fellow Ave-ites… pray for those of us who are still here and daily pray for all of you!
Maybe the next post will be more positive… until then…

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hug*
I cried when I found out the Via Sacra SSA closed ... I felt like part of my childhood was killed. The playground there is overgrown now. It's desolate.

Kaity

7:45 PM

 
Blogger Louise said...

Tor... It's really odd that you wrote about this. This morning I found myself crying as I thought of AMC. It's been on my mind a lot lately, and I hate it.

4:17 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

I know exactly what you mean, Vic. Two weeks ago I was at Ave and Gary Wilson told me how the lawsuit was thrown out of court...no hope left...and I went around feeling empty for days. It makes me so sad.

Vic, we need to have a party. A big one, this summer, to remember everything Ave was and spit in the face of its death. You know what I mean? Kinda of like what Joe said about keeping the good from it, but also just to be with people who are also mourning it. Like an Irish wake...lots of stories, lots of drinking and songs, and lots of true genuine emotion.

We need the first Ave reunion. A homecoming.

At least I think so. Don't you?

5:50 PM

 
Blogger Princess Torie said...

I would like to thank you all for the compassionate comments on my blog. :) it definitely brightened the morning. So thank you!
I agree with Kate and Joe - we need a party like no one has ever seen... who do you think could plan that... haha ;)
Kate, lets start plannin!

9:35 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Tor, you're the party person, but I am with you 100%! Should we put together a committee and have a preliminary planning meeting? I'm totally serious - I think we need this.

11:36 AM

 
Blogger Princess Torie said...

Yes! Let's get on this one! Emily is totally interested as well as Roman! :)

11:39 AM

 
Blogger Princess Torie said...

Thom,
thank you for that... and thanks for the quote- reminds me of the Circle of Trust... oh what happy nights that happen with Ave members. :)
pax,
PT

4:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home