It is a beautiful place, serene and peaceful. Warm and inviting yet strangely invigorating, shades of pink fill the land and happiness is like oxygen - easy to breathe in and necessary for life. Welcome to the Bubbleland of the Pink Princess.

10.17.2005

frost in october

Well this past weekend, was just what I needed. There was so much going on in my little brain as I left work on Friday as I am sure all of you have read by now. So, to get away from it all, my sister and I headed home to spend a wonderful evening with my parents. It was so great to be able to have some real family time. The evening consisted of Uno’s pizza, some great wine, looking at Austria pictures and talking. Then after Mom and Dad went to bed – Nat and I had sister-time over Law and Order (is there anything else?) and What Not to Wear (you have to ask yourself – WHY?). Anyway, that night faded to Saturday morning when both my sister and I were awakened with two dozen roses… mine were a glorious pink and her’s a beautiful dark crimson! A great start to Sweetest Day! The day was full of random happenings, a trip to Plymouth, tried on 5.5 & 3.5 carat rings with mom & dad (jewelry stores have this fascinating aspect that always make me feel better - why is that?), coffee at Starbuck’s and a great dinner with mom and dad… it was wonderful. Came back to my apt and watched a movie. Sunday morning, went to Mass at Ave which was really nice, had donuts and then watched Serendipity in the girls’ common room. Nap time followed – it was the perfect nap day. Then watched another movie after dinner, talked with my roommate and a dear friend on the phone and then went to bed. It was the perfect relaxing weekend. Thanks to all of you who contributed to it!
Today a couple of things that I noticed: 1. Frost was on the ground as I walked to work this morning, 2. it is really hard to make good coffee when you are not paying attention (let’s hear it for brown water!), 3. a random phone call from a friend in the middle of the day can brighten one quite a bit, esp. if there are jokes involved, 4. I am really happy to be heading home soon!
For all of you who are here in Ypsi – keep smiling.
For those of you who are not here – I miss you!

Ok, here’s some funnies for you – because I think we have all be sufficiently depressed lately.
Joke: A blonde and a brunette jump off a building. Who hits the ground first?


Yup, the brunette… the blonde had to stop and ask for directions. HAHA!

Quote for the day comes from Willy Wonka:
Mrs. Gloop: Then he will be turned into strawberry-flavoured chocolate-coated fudge? They'll be selling him by the pound all over the world? Willy Wonka: No, I wouldn't allow it. The taste would be terrible. Can you imagine Augustus-flavoured chocolate-coated Gloop? Ew. No one would buy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home