It is a beautiful place, serene and peaceful. Warm and inviting yet strangely invigorating, shades of pink fill the land and happiness is like oxygen - easy to breathe in and necessary for life. Welcome to the Bubbleland of the Pink Princess.

11.02.2005

Feels like France...


There is something strange when you are in a place and yet all that surrounds you in someway reminds you of another time and another space. Maybe one from long ago, either happy or sad; today is one of those days. Everything about today reminds me of France. My walk to work and to lunch, the colors, the smells, the soft powdery blue sky, the warmth of the sun, the necklace I am wearing… and my French lunch only heightened these feelings of happiness. How good does this sound to you: French bread with brie and onions, grilled to a warm and gooey perfection with a sweet gala apple and Perrier water… all of this as I sat at home watching some of my favorite scenes from Serendipity. I really need to expand my movie collection – but that is as may be. Anyway, for those of you who have been to the beautiful country of my heritage… don’t you miss it? There is just something about France, Paris in particular that is simply fascinating to me. Happily do I write this while reflecting on my time in Paris with my two dear friends and wishing that it was possible to be there again.

Happy Feast of All Souls!

Just in case you were wondering: 52 days till Christmas!!! (Not like I am counting or anything!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Princess Torie said...

prince -
you need to get out more.

1:06 PM

 
Blogger Princess Torie said...

yeah for free shooping sprees and stays at the hotel - looks like I will be getting out more. ;)

2:57 PM

 
Blogger World Traveler said...

I try to make one element of every day remind me of France. If not, it is a wasted day.

La vie en rose, ma chere.

10:49 AM

 
Blogger Brigid said...

Torie,

Ran by your blog. I was just in France... and your blog post made me nostalgic (sp?) for only two weeks ago!
God bless,
Brigid

5:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home