rhyme and poetry
Life progresses at an amazing speed and it is interesting to think of the numerous facts that we come into contact with on a daily basis. I was reading some more interesting facts, etc. today… ones that I wanted to share with all of you because I thought that they were interesting, but I unfortunately left them at home. So that will need to wait. However, there was an interesting thing that I came across today, thanks to my dear friend Suzanne. It is a case that was not only briefed but also recorded in rhyme. So, I thought that you would get a kick out of reading it. I thought it was amusing…
We thought that we would never see
A suit to compensate a tree.
A suit whose claim in tort is prest
Upon a mangled tree's behest;
A tree whose battered trunk was prest
Against a Chevy's crumpled crest;
A tree that faces each new day
With bark and limb in disarray;
A tree that may forever bear
A lasting need for tender care.
Flora lovers though we three,
We must uphold the court's decree.
Affirmed.
Anyway, random things like this amuse me as you can tell.
Tonight shall be a busy one. I am in the process of trying to find a formal gown (I wish that I had the time/energy to just make my own. Depending on the course of the search it may turn out to be my only option). So, since Marshall Fields is having their 13 hour sale I thought I would check that out and see how my luck runs with that. I am praying for a serendipitous occurrence. I also need to do some cleaning and the big topper of the evening is the baking of my lattice-crumb topped apple pie! Hopefully I can get all this done. They are some large tasks but thanks to list making and my amazing time management skills – I can hopefully conquer it. HAHA. (I hope you are all laughing!)
Have a wonderful weekend – I will see you all again on Monday’s morn.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home