It is a beautiful place, serene and peaceful. Warm and inviting yet strangely invigorating, shades of pink fill the land and happiness is like oxygen - easy to breathe in and necessary for life. Welcome to the Bubbleland of the Pink Princess.

12.09.2005

A Great Feast

The Feast of St. Nicholas afforded me a wonderful day of celebration. Though I was late to work – the elves of St. Nick had already been busy at work. I arrived and was surprised when I saw a present sitting on my desk chair in my office: a stuffed St. Nicholas, from my very favorite movie – The Polar Express. St. Nick holds a bell in one hand and says: “Remember, the magic of Christmas lies within your heart” when you press his other hand. He had a bag sitting in his lap. Hidden within the tissue was a box with a pair of beautiful pink glass earrings. :) This was just the beginning of the day. The rest was filled with wonderful e-cards from my family, chatting with friends, a surprise visit to my parents, and a wonderful gift from my Advent Angel. Work ended and Monica and I went home to make dinner. This took longer than expected and we ended up having to eat rather quickly. We then headed to Gabriel Hall to pick up Moni and Nat to go to Mass at the Law School. It was beautiful and much needed. Next stop Starbucks, of course! Peppermint Mochas all around! Heading back, the girls all split up and I went to do some cleaning. After the SG meeting, some of the students gathered in the common room for a viewing of The Polar Express! It was a night full of joy and community: crazy dancing, playing with my Stuffed St. Nick, eating candy and giving pedicures and massages. It was a perfect almost end to a perfect day… when I returned home, I received a phone call from a friend who had received a package I had sent and that was the real end to my evening (of course since by this time it was quite late and we all know that I needed to be at work the next morning!). It was a day of excitement and joy… thank you to all that made this day so enjoyable! The next day of excitement is this Sunday – Gaudete Sunday (one of two times when the Church is filled with pink – or as the guys like to call it – Rose). This is one of my favorite Sundays in the Church year as it is dedicated to joy!
Well Joy and Peace to you all - especially those studying for finals and papers. Break is almost here... keep perservering.

1 Comments:

Blogger Princess Torie said...

Listen - that is all I want today. Why can't Cobblestone be open already. WHATEVER.

10:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home