In a Snow Globe

This weekend was full of many different experiences: from holiday shopping that was unsuccessful; time with my sis (who I love and miss - due to something dumb called homework) fun holiday parties, time with friends, Powells & Pool, time with my parents, hypoglycemia attacks, the wonderful world of health insurance and open enrollment, Christmas music and more. The one thing however that really struck me was the drive into work this morning. I am fortunate enough to live close enough to walk to work, so usually I miss the early morning commute. I like driving into work – I think it is fun. This morning, since I had spent the night at my parents home, I was afforded this opportunity as I drove into work. The morning was dark as it was 7 am and the sun had not risen yet. In place of sunbeams however were soft glittery snowflakes. The morning could not have started be better: a great night’s sleep at home, hot Starbucks coffee brewed in our kitchen, kissing my parents good morning wishing them a good day as I headed out to my warm car. I started driving and was partially entranced by the glittery flakes falling from the heavens. The drive was relaxed as I drove in my very own snow globe, listening to an eclectic mix of music made by a friend of mine. It was perfect. I could not have asked for a better Monday morning. I hope that your morning was as pleasant.
I really cannot relate to you how thrilled I am that the holidays are so quickly approaching… the idea of writing Christmas cards and Christmas decorating, baking cookies and preparing for travel. It all starts now. The holiday travel for us will begin on the 22nd of December and I cannot wait. This year we shall be traveling to Chicago, Milwaukee, Menasha and Manitowoc (WI) – for a “back home” Christmas. Hope your holiday preparations are going well thus far!

2 Comments:
I absolutely LOVE those types of mornings... the world looks so fresh and clean and... well, sparkly. I'm glad you had the chance to enjoy it!
1:56 PM
at least you don't have papers. if u miss them want to do one of mine?
9:07 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home