The Way of Roses
I was at work this morning, and I had to walk over to the Administration building, and one of the most wonderful things about the front of the school building are the rose bushes which edge the way, perfuming the air with their sweet scent. The pink blooms cascade over the railings and the branches are heavy wtih the blossoms. This morning they were particularly sweet and were so beautiful as the sin beams shone down, on this glorious morning. The saccharine fragrance has the ability to make even the grayest day bearable. "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
Today has been a good day - not really filled with much work (or at least it has not seemed like it), though somehow the important things have been accomplished. Everyone was so giddy today. Christina and I could not stop laughing, and the mood seemed to bubble over to others around us. I think that we are stir crazy and that these small confined walls are getting to us. Thankfully the day is almost over and tomorrow is the weekend. :o) But today has been fun. Of course this could be linked to the Starbucks that I had this morning, but since caffeine is a normal part of my diet, I highly doubt it. Then again, it could have something to do with the great Pistons game last night, but either way - it has been so fun. I hope your Friday was as great as mine!
If not, "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow." Helen Keller
But if you are having a wretched day and that simply wont help I am sorry... hopefully this quote will at least make you laugh: "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." W.C. Fields
Pinkfully yours,
the princess

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home