Seattle - The Rainy City
Well, I am home from Seattle. Flew in on Saturday night and was greeted by my mom, sister and friend Monica with two beautiful bunches of Gerbera Daisies. The trip to Seattle was great, though it would have been better with a companion, as almost all things are. Still I found my way around and went exploring nearly everyday. The city was a mix of Ann Arbor, a little of Milwaukee & Chicago and also some San Franciso thrown in there too... which all made for an eclectic adventure. My first day was Sunday and my first exploration was to find Sunday Mass, which I did with ease. The Church was about a block from the Space Needle. Was browsing for a place to lunch at and ran right into a Bridal salon! One of the best ones I have seen thus far! So I went in and asked to browse, which they let me do with pleasure! After, I just picked up lunch and headed back to the hotel for some rest. Then I was off to explore some more. I first found a sushi bar so that was purchased for dinner which would follow my explorations - and where do you think that my nose led me after that? If you guessed the waterfront - you are right. :) And what runs along the piers? Train tracks! A train convenintly passed by for a perfect picture! I could have stayed perched down by the water forever, but the hours were passing and it was time to head back for dinner which I did, but only after meeting a 70 year old couple. They were soooo cute. They had just gotten married that day. Natives of Seattle, it was this day that I realized that the people of Seattle are very friendly!
Monday was my first workshop at the conference - I learned alot and met some new people. The rest of the week was a mix between conference sessions and shopping. The sessions were held at the Washington State Convention Center which is so conveninetly located in the heart of the shopping district downtown. So I spent my time talking to sales clerks to pass the time... always fun to meet people! :) Thursday I made my way to Pike Place Market home of billions of flowers and flying fish! Also right across the street is the ORIGINAL STARBUCKS! Found a french bakery for lunch - which was fabulous! :) Reminiscent of PARIS.
Friday was the last day of the conference and my last day to experience Seattle - so I finished my shopping and made an appointment at the Bridal salon just to check it out and take notes for my very own shop! :)
Then Saturday came, in some ways quickly and in other ways not. I was happy to be heading home but sad to be leaving such a wonderful city! It was there that I made a decision that I would be back. Watch out Seattle! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home